I remember when I was a kid, we had an aroma lamp with essential oils at home. Mom always dripped a different aromatic blend according to mood or feeling – mint with eucalyptus, orange and cinnamon, mandarin and lavender. Until today I remember what pleasant feelings these essences evoked in me. Outside raging frost or rain, sometimes I had a cold, and in my home, it was warm and beautifully fragrant.
Fragrances and scents evoke vivid memories, but even physical feelings. And that’s not all. Scientific studies have confirmed that essential oils have therapeutic effects. They can bring pleasant feelings, sleep, relax, as well as relieve stress, fatigue, depression, headaches. They relieve us of respiratory problems, allergies, energize our body and senses, and get rid of bad mood.
The part of natural medicine that uses such concentrated essential oils for therapeutic purposes is called aromatherapy. One of the quickest ways to feel the effects of essential oils on your body is undoubtedly by inhalation.
I was delighted, because it was just me who got to test the nasal inhalators from Altevita.sk, each of which has specific effects. 7 kinds of inhalers with different mix of 100% essential oils that have the same characteristics – they are tiny, practical and fit in your pocket.
Did essential oils bring me back to my childhood, and more importantly, do they really have therapeutic effects? Read more.
The first of the aroma therapeutic inhalers tested is a helper for immunity. It is very useful now, when colder days, rainy weather, cool mornings and nights came after the summer. The flu season is already waiting behind the door. It is recommended to inhale it 3-5 times a day by inserting it into the nostril, plugging the other and inhaling strongly.
This menthol inhaler contains a blend of 100% essential oils:
- eucalyptus – helps to relieve airways in a state of cold or flu
- pine – gives a feeling of relief in flu, cold and runny nose
- lemon – improves mood, helps relieve stress symptoms and promotes breathing
- ginger – strengthens the body, immune system and is ideal for the airways
Surely you have all heard that ginger tea with honey and lemon is perfect for inhalation and generally for increasing immunity. And indeed, it is true – ginger and lemon are also used in aromatherapy. They are complemented by fresh eucalyptus and pine to relieve from breathing problems.
A great combination of scents, a little slightly pungent, doesn’t that remind of traditional nasal inhalers? Well, I do not have a cold, on the contrary, I inhale regularly, and I think that weakened immunity will not bother this year. In addition, I have completely passable nasal cavities.
Be sure not to forget long walks, winterisation, lots of seasonal fruits and vegetables, also mentioned ginger tea. And the imaginary cherry on the cake is inhaling a blend of these immune-enhancing oils that you can handle anywhere and anytime thanks to a small inhaler.
Inhaler against hyperactivity may sound a bit strange at first hearing. Afterall, when would I be hyperactive during the day?! But its effect is fantastic and also suitable for children. The oil blend calms the disturbed mind, concentrates you, for example, before studying or sleeping, focuses your attention on what is important. It works even if you’re distracted, flurried, or reacting more aggressively than would be appropriate.
An inhaler that tames hyperactivity contains a mixture of 100% essential oils:
- mandarin – can be used to help satisfy anxiety and manage stress, has a refreshing, invigorating aroma
- cedar – soothes and harmonizes the psyche, but is also suitable for rhinitis and bronchitis
- lime – one of the favourites among essential oils, used to relieve anxiety, soothes, and is also useful as an aid against seasonal viruses
- incense – relieves us of stress, mental anxiety, nervous tension, slows our breathing and thus concentrates us and fosters our attention
All inhalers have an oil composition described on the packaging and on the stick itself
The aroma of incense, which you know from visiting churches, is certainly well known. Not in vain it is considered a sacred oil. Ancient ritual use confirms that incense has a relaxing effect on the human body and elevates mood. Combined with the fresh scent of mandarin and lime and the sweet woody cedar scent, it perfectly harmonises. You will turn off and calm your mind.
I inhaled this sweet-woody mixture before meditation or yoga, where I ran with my head full of worries and work. Or after an altercation at home to calm the nerves. And it helped me. I really recommend it. (And my boyfriend recommends it to me 🙂 ).
I would never have said that aromatherapy can not only help to treat various difficulties, but it can even act as a support for weaning addiction. For example, if you want to quit smoking.
For most people, the biggest problems in quitting smoking are uncontrolled appetites and withdrawal symptoms. Your body, constantly calling for nicotine, can cause headaches, dizziness, anxiety or nausea. The easiest thing in the world would be just to reach for a cigarette and get rid of all the pain. But even in this case, aromatherapy and essential oils can help.
Black pepper oil is considered to be one of the most effective oils to help stop smoking because its inhalation stimulates the respiratory system in a way that mimics cigarette smoke, which helps reduce appetite and anxiety.
In the inhaler from Altevita.sk, its effect is enhanced by an additional 100% essential oils:
- black pepper – the aforementioned strongest essential oil that mimics cigarette smoke
- lemon – evokes pleasant feelings, encourages you when you feel irritated
- orange – belongs to the same citrus category as lemon, reduces the feeling of tension when you lack nicotine
- pink wood – delicate sweet and spicy fragrance relieves headaches, evokes pleasant feelings
- bergamot – relieves anxiety, stress, acts as an antidepressant
The smell of this mixture is really spicy, very distinctive. Unfortunately, I can’t confirm any effects on myself because I’m a non-smoker. However, scientific studies have shown positive effects when inhaling essential oil of black pepper. Those who inhaled a drop of black pepper oil had a craving for nicotine drastically lower compared to those who received only placebo.
It is important to know that aromatherapy is not a miracle or medicine, but essential oils are a natural, healthy and organic way to help relieve your cravings and withdrawal symptoms. They have no side effects and you can use this inhaler in combination with other smoking cessation procedures. And all this at a very good price of only € 5.49. And that, dear smokers, I think is worth testing.
A blend of essential oils for a full-fledged sleep will relax, soothe and compose you. It is a great choice, for example, for children when you are on vacation and sleep in a strange environment, or on long flights. In such cases, it will find its application.
The sleep aid inhaler contains a mixture of the following 100% essential oils:
- lavender – perhaps best known for its soothing and relaxing properties, used for insomnia, nervousness
- mandarin – relieves mental tension, anxiety, depression, sadness, helps with insomnia and even harmonizes the child’s psyche
- marjoram – herbal spicy fragrance of this oil relieves nervous tension insomnia, attenuates thinking too much, calms the heart
- pink wood – delicate sweet and spicy aroma relieves headaches, tension and stress, induces pleasant feelings
- basil – helps with overwork, depression, stress, sleep disorders and migraines
The inhaler for good sleep and relaxation has a very calming, spicy-herbal aroma. Although I often use an electric diffuser for essential oils at bedtime, having such a useful inhaler at hand is just great. I save it for a long flight to Japan I am going to, and it will be on the plane and with jetlag certainly my favourite part of relaxation 🙂
Migraines differ from common headaches in the severity of the pain experienced and the side effects present. In typical headaches, you can usually take over-the-counter medications and reduce pulsation in the head within a few minutes or a few hours.
However, this often does not apply to migraines. These can cause nausea, light sensitivity and muscle numbness. They are serious, very severe headaches and can last from hours to days. Their causes are often unknown, but may be related to stress, severe diet, sunlight, low blood sugar, poor sleep, hormonal changes (especially in women).
Can aromatherapy be used to relieve migraine? Although no convincing evidence has yet been shown that essential oils can successfully treat migraines, some studies show a possible positive effect.
All inhalers have a very nice colourful design
What essential oils does the nasal inhaler to reduce migraine and headache from Altevita.sk contain?
- lavender – has very calming and relaxing properties, the reason for frequent headaches and migraines is also poor sleep, with which lavender will help you
- lemon – thanks to its refreshing effect, it is suitable for mental exertion, effective for headaches
- pine – it helps alleviate mental stress and anxiety, which are also often the cause of migraines
- grapefruit – helps with headaches, fatigue and premenstrual problems
- mint – has been used in alternative medicine for thousands of years, it is one of the most popular essential oils for the treatment of headaches
Fortunately, migraines and headaches have never bothered me. I only have headaches as a harbinger of being sick soon. But if I often suffer from a headache, there’s nothing easier than having this little inhaler in handbag or pocket. You can use it anytime, anywhere and I believe it will be a great help and relief. Thanks to citrus fruits, it has a very fresh aroma, thanks to the mint slightly pungent.
This inhaler should be used at any time for signs of fatigue, exhaustion or difficulty concentrating. A suitable blend of essential oils can help you energize and stimulate the brain, improve memory and concentration, for example, at work. Try it, you have nothing to lose.
Inhaler for concentration contains a mixture of 100% essential oils:
- rosemary – number 1, if you need to concentrate on something important, its aroma will revive thought processes and practice memory, it will also support breathing, blood circulation and inner strength
- mint – helps when you feel drowsy and lethargic and need some stimulus to wake up and focus, has an extra uplifting effect, cleans and opens your breath, helps clear your mind and tries to make you move
- lemongrass – combats pain and fatigue, has blood flow and anti-stress effects
- incense – eliminates stress, anxiety, depression, fears that may later manifest as physical or mental illness
A mixture of these 4 essential oils will really give you a kick. Do not reach for energy drinks and other preparations immediately, I recommend that you first try aromatherapy. A very good thing I carry in my purse and inhale when I already have work over my head, and I can’t focus on anything. It’s my favourite inhaler of all seven. It smells very good, and after a short inhalation and gentle stretching, I feel like reborn.
Seasonal allergies may occur at the end of winter or spring or even at the end of summer and autumn. Occasionally, you may experience an allergy to a plant, or you may experience an allergic reaction continuously during specific seasonal months. It is most often manifested by swelling of mucous membranes, lacrimation of eyes, sneezing, difficulty breathing.
While there is not much research into promoting the use of aromatherapy in allergies, their number is still growing more and more. If you proceed cautiously and systematically, essential oils could benefit you.
Try nasal inhaler for allergy from Altevita.sk, which contains a mixture of the following 100% essential oils:
- eucalyptus – is known as an anti-inflammatory medicine and its cooling sensation, which you feel when inhaled, can also help you to relieve and treat seasonal allergies
- lemon – essential oils with citrus aroma are often used in aromatherapy to increase alertness and energy, lemon essential oil can also help clean the nasal cavities and clogged nose – common symptoms of seasonal allergies
- rosemary – has antiseptic effects, works against headaches, used in asthma, sinusitis, bronchitis or nose inflammation
- lavender – may help relieve symptoms during the allergic period due to its ability to soothe and alleviate inflammation
- basil – used in respiratory tract infections, asthma, headache and cough
I am generally very lucky because I do not suffer any difficulties and try to take care of myself, which is also reflected in my physical condition. I don’t suffer from allergies. Although I had an allergy as a child, I have already grown up from it. However, I remember the ever-clogged nose at the end of August and early September, it is not pleasant. I can imagine that inhaling a combination of these fresh oils can greatly help. I feel especially basil and eucalyptus there. At least it will certainly help if you are breathing bad and your nose is clogged, I checked it myself.
I have inhaler always at hand, it fits in your pocket, even in a small handbag
Advantages and disadvantages of nasal inhalers from Altevita.sk
- a mixture of 100% essential oils
- practical and nice design
- fits in your pocket, purse, backpack, and aromatherapy can be practiced everywhere
- they have proven effects, they can alleviate difficulties and evoke pleasant feelings
- suitable for everyone, including children
- Slovak product
- low price
- once you start using them, you will never want to stop 🙂
I must say that aromatherapy has become a matter very close to my heart, I enjoy it very much. I liked the fragrant blend of essential oils as a child, I still use the electronic diffuser today and having a gadget in the form of a handy nasal inhaler in a purse? That’s really great.
You can choose a blend of oils depending on whether you want to calm down, relax, energize your mind and memory, concentrate, help with allergies, rhinitis or migraines, or even quit smoking. You can no longer claim that this is impossible because you are not at home and do not have time to prepare and inhale oils. This little thing is always at hand and you can use it whenever you like. And it will be useful very often, I confirm that. 🙂 Moreover, inhalers have a very good price and are also available in nice colours.
As for me, 10 points out of 10.